Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dream Chaser

After reading an awesome post by one of my favorite blog-ettes, I got a sudden inspiration to write about my dreams and aspirations. For myself, my list is ever-changing. Quite frankly, I have NO idea what I want to do when I grow up.

I have always loved writing. I definitely would love, love, love to devote more time to my blog…all I have to do is PUT THE EFFORT IN!!!

I love being a mama and I would love to have more children…but I don’t truly see myself as ever becoming a full-time, stay at home mom. As of right now (since I am not fully in love with my job) I would LOVE to stay home. I know for me, my career that I will one day totally love, will never feel like work. I would also love to have a job I can do from home (at least a part time job)

I love running. I have always wanted to be a runner. One mile, 5k, 10k, half-marathon and maybe one day a full marathon….I want to start and conquer each of those to prove to myself that I CAN DO ANYTHING!!! And honestly, what better way to train, get fit and stay motivated than the opportunity to get a medal?

I love taking care of people and I love the medical field. I wanted to become an E.M.T. ever since I was eight years old. I got my certification in 2004 and now I am a dispatcher for one of the busiest, biggest ambulance companies in the area. I love what I do there…I love helping people when there are lives on the line and I like having great customer service. Not to honk my own horn but I know I am damn good at what I do there too.

But it is not my calling. And I have hit the ‘glass ceiling’ and there is no chance of moving on up and advancing there. And I want MORE!

I started back at college in the spring of 2011 and have been working on my pre-requisites for Nursing School. For a long time, I believed nursing was my calling…and I still do. The only thing holding me back is the fact that during my first semester after taking Psychology and Human Development, I fell in love with both of them! Is it possible to get 4 degrees and not be 50 years old by the time I get them all?

Now, I have NO IDEA what I would do with a psych or human development degree… counseling? Life coaching? Assistance Program Director?

I love the idea of owning my own business…especially one that would help people. Whether it be a baby/toddler daycare or personal grocery shopping/errand runner, I love the idea of OWNING MY OWN COMPANY.

I love all things health and fitness too. Even though I am at my ‘before’ right now and I am not fit or healthy, I know I will get there very soon. Once I am there, I would love nothing more than to help other women with health coaching and training. I have contemplated getting my fitness training certification as well as possibly obtaining my Registered Dietician degree.

I would love to do a million things. I have a ton of interests and wannabe hobbies that I do not make time for. I want to be able to show my kids to follow their dreams and do what they love with PASSION.

Sometimes, I shy away from sharing all of my dreams and hobbies. I respect people who can just put it all out there!

I just need to kick myself in the a$$ and GET TO IT!!!

 

<3morgan

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment