Monday, January 16, 2012

The Start of My Love Story

April 17th, 2010…

I hear from a good friend that she wants to set me up with her friend, The Officer.

April 18th, 2010…

I get a message on Facebook from the Officer. Followed by a friend request and whole bunch of text messages.

April 21st, 2010…

My first conversation with the Officer which lasted for over four hours. It was one of those conversations you have with your phone charger chaining you to the wall but you don’t mind because you are having a great time talking.

April 23rd, 2010…

I worked, got my hair trimmed and blown out, put on my cute new outfit and took a chance with a blind date.

I greeted him with a nervous hug when he walked up to my door…and he told me I was prettier in person than online and made my heart melt with excitement.

We had dinner at Olive Garden and literally shutdown the place. The tired waiters were vacuuming around our table and loudly clinking the glasses together as a modest “get the f*ck out of here you two!!!” hint.

We drove around until 1230am that night…he dropped me off at my car and sent me a smiley-faced winky text message before he even pulled out of my apartment complexes driveway.

April 25th, 2010…

He was bummed out because he had to give away his dog so I cheered him up with homemade cookies (I didn’t make them…but I guess he thought I did) and I started to realize I was falling for him.

April 26th, 2010…

We took our first official picture together and hung out on my couch watching dumb re-runs…being next to him felt comforting yet awkward since it was so new…I knew that night that I was in love with him and I have never felt so content with a new relationship before…I just felt that it was right.

April 30th, 2010…

He asked me to be his girlfriend.

May 1st, 2010…

He told me he loved me.

~~~~~

So that was the start to my love story. I took a chance on a blind date set up because it felt right and I had a ‘sign’ As cheesy as my ‘sign’ was, I believed in it and to this day, I wasn’t wrong about.

My friend called me while I was in my car on my way to another friend’s house to hang out. I told myself I wasn’t going to be set up again after being set up horribly two other times. On my way home, I couldn’t get my mind off this set up and I asked for a sign. A few minutes later, I rounded a curve in the road and came across two police cruisers with their lights swirling brightly in the night, pulled over on the side of the road. I was in the middle of nowhere with no other traffic but myself…when I saw those lights flashing, I decided that was my ‘sign’

Smile

See, told you it sounds cheesy.

I met the love of my life.

I love him more than he will ever understand.

He is the most amazing man.

We are coming up on our 2-year anniversary and I am making a vow to myself to be the best girlfriend I can be. I want to be his support, compassion, cheerleader, best friend and most trusted side-kick. He deserves the best and I vow to take care of him forever. <3

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment