Wednesday, January 11, 2012

From Stagnant to Sizzling

Well 11 days into 2012 and so far the consensus for this new year is that 2012 is going to be hoppin'! Honestly, I could not be any happier to hear that because I need it. 2011 was good, don’t get me wrong. My kids are healthy and doing great in kindergarten…my boyfriend is wonderful and amazing, we have jobs and a great home…and I am grateful.

I want more! As selfish as that may sound since I know I have much more than others do…that does not mean I need to be content with my life if I am not 120% happy with it. The things I want to change are mainly with myself because I know once I am happier, everything else will fall into place. If I feel better about myself, my confidence goes up, I am more awesome to be around and that means I won’t chase my kids and boyfriend away.

One of my best presents ((ever!!)) was my Kindle Fire (which I play Angry Birds on 89% of the time)

thumbnailCAUM8EMS

and I am head-over-heels in love…

I am about half way through “This Year I Will…” and it is a WONDERFUL book!

thumbnailCA517N4K

 

The chapter that really stuck with me and caught my eye was all about picking just one or two really important things you want to work on…not just a bunch of things that will end up scattering your focus and eventually leading to failure. I’m sure I am not the only person who can make a list of a half million things you want to work on. And I never end up sticking to it…any of it.

I figured I would give it a whirl and just stick with the two most important changes I would love to make to improve my life….

My Heath & Fitness

183310647302562584_pMmAQiFo_c

and…

My Home Organization

550_101441818

I know when I bust my a$$ and shape up, I will be so-so-so much happier with myself, more confident, energetic and unstoppable. The “guilt of the unhealthy” is so life-consuming, some days it is all I think about. From the too-tight jeans and uncomfortable muffin top to the constant desire for a nap, I am done feeling like sh*t. I have wasted a majority of my past 26 years feeling like this…why on Earth would I allow it to continue???

My obsessive desire to organize the crap out of my house. I want to need something and go to the exact spot where it is. I hate the unnecessary stress of not being able to find something (literally just happened today)

DSCN0175

(yeah, that is supposed to be my desk. no wonder I am so productive, right?)

I have an enormous amount of school work and artwork from my kiddos that is priceless to me and I have a plan for it. I just haven’t taken any incentive for handling it. I cringe in disgust anytime I passed that desk of mine. It is embarrassing!

What is worse is my kitchen

DSCN0269

DSCN0268

DSCN0273

Ick, Ick, Ick.

Dear Kitchen, You and I will change each other’s lives tomorrow. <3 me

Once I conquer these changes, I will pick something else to work on. I know my health and fitness will be constantly evolving and will need life long, consistent work but will get easier once some good habits replace bad habits.

(One bad habit I have stayed away from since the New Year is fast food…go me!)

Some good habits I am bringing back are…

DSCN0286

Smoothie Luv <3

84864774197984815_kXAY1iYH_c

Yoga Luv <3

plus…it’s almost time for a lil Fitnessista Winter Shape-Up 2012!
Talk about perfect timing!

Smile

I definitely know I can do it and I know what to do so I have no excuses.

100627372893789763_emiwWhFq_c

and frankly…

240872280039875436_jJL69eyy_c

To Do:

*Make Inspiration/Vision Board

*Determine how easy repainting the pantry would be…lol

*Reorganize desk and kitchen cabinets

*Go for a walk and do some yoga

 

Here’s to kickin some @$$ Smile

<3morgan

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment