Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bun Update and Negativity

Everyone has uttered the words, “I don’t want to jinx it.” at one point or another.

I have said or thought those words several times since I found out we are expecting BabyShines. Against all odds, I got pregnant and so far, so good. I had the IUD removed, no bleeding or crazy cramping…my hcG levels rose appropriately last week, they doubled in fact. I had an ultrasound done at 5 weeks which is really early but they had to check the placement of the IUD and make sure the pregnancy was not in the tube.

My doctor did not see anything in the gestational sac quite yet which he said was normal since the baby itself would only be the since of a poppy seed.

AC7B97816CB64BA8AD144D602A9A5988

At 4 weeks, your baby, now known as a blastocyst, is practically microscopic -- a teeny ball of cells. She's busy settling into her new home (your uterus), prepping for all the crucial development she'll be doing over the next six weeks.

(courtesy of thebump.com) *the best pregnancy website EVER*

As of today, I am 6 weeks 3 days Smile

F0621943CBA6418C9A29AB366681C030

Obviously, she's growing like crazy!

She's also circulating blood with her increasingly more sophisticated circulatory system.

She's about to get cuter too, since she's starting to sprout a nose, eyes, ears, chin and cheeks.

And she might even be wiggling her (paddle-like) hands and feet.

again, courtesy of thebump.com Smile

I have experienced every single “first trimester” symptom known…

nausea, vomiting, the nose of a hunting dog, dizziness, extremely tired, I pee about 45 times a day, sore boobies and the emotions of a hot mess pregnant woman.

But it is all worth it. To distract myself, I have been looking at baby gear ala Target, Babies R Us and Amazon. Some people say “isn’t it too early to get all excited?”

Well please allow me to put that on the

“THINGS TO NEVER SAY TO A PREGNANT WOMAN” list.

I don’t think I could ever possibly even consider asking someone that. It just implies that something horrible could go wrong…as if that thought never crossed her mind. It just brings it all back up and makes her worry even more. Not to sound selfish but when you come across a pregnant woman, make it your goal to make her life easier at that present time, make her feel important…make her feel like she is working on something incredible. Because she is.

Winking smile

Another thing that annoys me (please excuse my hormones but I don’t think I am being out of line here) is when someone tells me it is “too soon” for something…

On St. Patrick’s Day I was working and got a sudden craving for a Shamrock Shake *heaven*

imagesCA2PZMOC

(p.s. I just found the recipe online for those bad johnnies Winking smile)

anyways…so I was talking about it and one of my co-workers asked, “Isn’t it a little soon for all these cravings?” Ugh pretty sure pregnant = pregnant. And a ‘little bit’ pregnant means the same symptoms as ‘a lot a bit’ pregnant. Worst of all, it came out a woman’s mouth who has children of her own. Ugh people just don’t think!

Put that on the “THINGS TO NEVER SAY TO A PREGNANT WOMAN” list as well!

I just made me feel like I ‘wasn’t pregnant enough’ to having any cravings or symptoms or to even talk about it.

Crazy? Probably…but I do respect the fact that at least I am confirming what I will NEVER say to a pregnant woman I come across…I am learning about the person I don’t want to become I guess.

Be back for more soon!

<3Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment